I leave in 12 days! *freaks out, more than a little*
I actually applied for some jobs today and the clean-up continued - albeit a little slowly. I started tackling Uni notes and that was a little depressing. I still look back on my University career (and I do hope to continue it at some point) with a lot of dissatisfaction. That last year still leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth, for more than one reason. I could have done so much better and the way I handled the studying overseas thing just annoys me to think about. Gah. Must let it go.
Going to a wedding this weeked. The first one I've been to since I was about 10 and the first one that actually involves friends of mine. It might be a bit of a weird weekend but promises to be interesting if nothing else.
1. ( Oscar noms reaction - because I've always cared and I don't really know why )
2. I really don’t get the Jake Gyllenhaal love. Not that he’s a bad actor (although dude, The Day After Tomorrow was way boring – but that wasn’t his fault) it’s just the ‘OMG, he’s so hot!’ I really don’t get it.
3. Rescue Me finished up tonight *sniff* It's a show that's really grown on me. (Lou, Franco <3) Also, if Logan Echolls ever needed competition for Suckiest Life of a TV Character, Tommy Gavin could give him a real run for his money.
4. However, next week is when all the 'good' shows are coming back/debuting! Lost, Grey's Anatomy (George!), Commander in Chief (which I'm going to give a go), Desperate Housewives (to try again this year, or not?), and most importantly, House! (Though I may *cough* have seen rather a lot of the new season already). All I'm waiting for now are the new season of BSG and to see if TV2 are going to play VMars S2 at some point this year.
5. Death Cab's 'Brothers on a Hotel Bed' could almost have been written about Remus and Sirius, Post-Azkababn. It's really quite eerie how well the song fits.
6. I think Veronica Mars (character or show) subconsciously led to me choosing a particular top for the wedding when I was shopping the other day. The connection is pretty tentative but it's there.
7. I sat down to watch maybe two episodes of Sports Night to cheer myself up after watching Apt Pupil
(way unsettling, and it takes quite a bit to make me feel like that when watching a movie) and ended up watching an entire disc. 'Neigbourhood park all covered in cheese' just never stops being funny.
8. I know a lot of House crossovers have been done with characters coming to House in the clinic but has anyone ever considered doing one with House and Logan? The snark. Oh god, the snark. I shiver happily just thinking about it.
9.TV2 have been playing Gilmore Girls repeats at 5:30 each weeknight and really, why was I not watching this show before?